Given the current political climate in Hungary, we feel an added urgency to bring our film to audiences as soon as possible.
• Anti-Semitic, anti-Roma, anti-US and anti-EU voices are rampant in Hungary. What's so very troubling is that these kinds of extremist views, even Holocaust denial, are seen as acceptable and open to debate.
• Jobbik, the neo-Nazi party, received 17% of the vote at the recent Hungarian elections; they now have 47 seats in the Parliament.
• Hungary's rightward turn is duplicated in many countries across the region. These are forces to be reckoned with.
• European media responded to this rapid advancement of the right with alarm, while in the US it has received minimal attention.
• These divisive forces must be countered with voices of tolerance.
Please help us with our efforts by sending this information to your mailing list. Our quest to release our film requires additional funds.
To make a tax-deductible financial contribution click here or send a check to IDA with "There Was Once…" on the memo line, to:
International Documentary Association
1201 West 5th Street, Suite M270
Los Angeles, CA 90017
If you'd like to send a personal check please mail it to:
4130 Monterey Street
Los Angeles, CA 90065